2nd floor flooding in Stanwood
Damage from flood on upper floor
Here at SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest - SERVPRO of Shoreline/Woodinville we work closely with other SERVPRO franchises when necessary. Our friends at SERVPRO of Skagit County called us in to assist a family with a devastating loss to their home. While on vacation, this homeowner's bathroom sink had sprung a leak on the top floor of their home, affecting almost every room in their house.
SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest works with insurance companies, like this customer's. In conjunction with SERVPRO of Skagit County, we were able to ensure that all water damage was dried in a timely and professional matter for this customer. The project went smoothly and the customer was completely satisfied with the results.
One of the most satisfying parts of our job, is bringing happiness to a family who has lost so much.
Water Damage Timeline
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster to Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 206-542-1226
Water Damage Timeline
· Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
· Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
· Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
· Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
· Drywall begins to swell and break down.
· Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
· Furniture begins to swell and crack.
· Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
· A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
· Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
· Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
· Metal begins to rust and corrode.
· Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
· Paint begins to blister.
· Wood flooring swells and warps.
· Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
· Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
· Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest
SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.