Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Some refer to mold as "Mother Nature’s great recycler;" they say this because mold is a critical component to our natural environment. But as we know mold by any other name is still mold.
Mold doesn't take long to go to work. In as little as 48 hours mold can grow in your home or business creating havoc and headaches.
Mold should be addressed properly, with the right equipment and the right training. Our Seattle SERVPRO team is IICRC certified and experienced to help mitigate your mold problem.
Blow is some helpful information about mold, facts, things to do and, most importantly, things not to do.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (206) 789-2300
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Haller Lake
- Crown Hill
- North Beach
- Whittier Heights