If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (206) 789-2300

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

10 MOST COMMON PLACES FOR MOLD GROWTH IN YOUR HOME

1/13/2018 (Permalink)

When it comes to your home or business mold is not something you want to mess around with. Especially in our Pacific Northwest climate, it doesn’t take very much time for mold to spread quickly. Mold can become extremely hazardous to your health, and if left untreated can cause costly structural damage to building materials. If you find mold growing in your home, it’s important to call in a professional who has the experience and expertise to have the mold completely removed by using the correct process.

Mold is a living organism that belongs to the fungi family. There are over 100,000 species of mold, and all of them can be harmful if not properly taken care of.

As long as oxygen and moisture are present, mold can virtually grow on any organic surface such as paper, wood, insulation, food, and carpet padding.  Because mold will eat or digest what it growing on, if left untreated, mold can even cause structural damage to buildings and furnishings.

10 Places to Watch for Mold Growth in Your Home:

  • Basements or cellars that have been flooded
  • Underneath kitchen sinks
  • Attics & Crawl Spaces
  • Underneath or behind refrigerators
  • Behind walls that also house plumbing
  • Stacks of damp or wet newspaper or cardboard boxes
  • Around air-conditioning units
  • Wallboard or around windows that leak
  • Under carpeting that may have become wet
  • Bathroom shower or under sink

You can prevent damage to your home or business, its contents, save money, and avoid potential health problems by controlling moisture and eliminating mold growth.

 Reminder: With any type of water damage in the home drying the affected areas within three days or less will help prevent the growth of toxic mold that can make you extremely sick.

We hope you never have to experience mold in your home, but if it does happen contact SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest and speak to one of our experienced team members who can help you quickly find a solution to your mold issue, and make it “Like it never even happened.”

We are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and you will receive complete service for your emergency with one phone call.

  Call SERVPRO of Seattle Northwest and speak to one of our service professionals at (206) 789-2300

Other News

View Recent Posts